Wednesday, October 29, 2008

oh my god, BREAKFAST!! and also: whats on my van...

so i made myself a DELICIOUS and HEALTHY breakfast. I have gotten myself on a serious health kick (beer drinking aside); it's all a part of my "new leaf" and new life and list of priorities that i am erecting. making lifestyle changes and what not.

anyway, breakfast was so good i decided to share the recipe. so here it is:

i call it: um, (hadn't really thought of a name) omelette of mystery (or something. whats in a name?)

you need:
2 egg whites
3 slices of turkey breast cubed
1/4 cup crumbled vegetarian sausage
a little bit of cream cheese
salsa verde (as much as you want, i wanted a LOT)
black pepper
1 slice of hemp bread (it's part of my hippie diet)

ok so

heat your pan on medium
pour in the whites and let them cook so they become opaque
add your protein
add your cream cheese (i just sort of applied a dab of it here and there- didn't use a whole lot, just a little)
shake your pepper on it
let it cook until the whites are stable enough to fold in half (this is the omelette danger zone people)
add the salsa over the top- use some of the juice to let it simmer in (i let this go on about 3 minutes)
remove the omelette from the pan
toss the hemp bread in the pan and toast on either side
eat

oooooooh it is soooooo good.

i should have snapped a pic but i wasn't thinking about it
if you try it, let me know what you think

*****

i DID snap some pics of what my regulars wrote on my van (as per previous post)







i love it!!

3 comments:

WestEnder said...

Hemp bread??? Wow, sometimes it seems like you can make everything from hemp except marijuana.

.. said...

mmmm sounds tasty minus the meat... you should make it for me... do you think it would hold up in the mail

mandy jeanne said...

right, westender?? man that made me laff.


hey ange- you can look forward to that in december...