Monday, October 20, 2008

imposters in this country

i want to ride thru the desert
again
my back to the wind
bellowing and blowing me over the sand mountains
same colour as the sky type

with this lock on my heart
i sink like a safe
in a thousand gallon tank
i hit the glass bottom
and wait

where are you
ma puce
where have you gone
where i can't hear you
you need to get up
we need to run
before the sun runs out on us

fast as your feet can
hop into my van
i'll drive towards the sun tonight
you won't waste a minute
to stare at my lips
we'll just go
fuck all this
let's go

it's crazy but i just can't pretend
you're like a song that is stuck in my head
don't go now
don't disappear
it's so easy for me
and i like it here
don't go now
dear

****
and then we made our way
up in the valley
i webbed a spiders wish of gold mouth-full of kiss
on the yew roots and
under your hand
we always have to meet again

you promise me you won't cause a scene
it's nothing new but you're new to me
i don't want a love song a sonnet
or prose
we'll just walk together
and see how it goes....