Tuesday, October 14, 2008

con-junction-junction

yesterday
i thought to myself

"i really torched everything"

as i looked at the linoleum
with bits of a previous life
scattered and pasted on like a collage
still sticky with despair
and rock candy hard

i will have to use a power sander if i ever want them up

and whimsically enough
the old apartment kept playing in my head

this is where we used to live


luckily there was a bottle of wine in the fridge

****

i feel like an arsonist

and maybe it is my condition
it is a pattern

and everybody's free to wear sunscreen tells us

don't be reckless with other peoples hearts and
don't put up with those who are reckless with yours


it's not that i meant to be reckless
it's not that i meant to burn it all down,
but i did
and i do
and i will again

i fall
soooo
sooo
soo
so
d
a
m
ne
dhard


i can't stop myself
i never want to
and sooner than you know it
i'm craving the lonely
all over again

and it is good to be lonely

but i am a bit afraid of myself now
because
i am in sheep's clothing

****

i don't play games
i never do

it's like a fever
my black snake moan

i need you in every pore
i need you filling up all my lungs
i need you to pull my freaking hair

but

heh

buyer beware....

****
these things used to be mine, i guess they still are i want them back


****


get on

No comments: