Monday, November 10, 2008

yay, blood

so i finally went to the doctor because i just can't stand whatever this crazy condition is i have anymore-
or really, just for some answers.
the initial quick blood tests reported low blood sugar AND low hemoglobin-
so i went back today for more blood work, and tried my damndest not to vomit when she took the four viles out of my right arm.
so now i wait.

they put me on iron pills that include the following warnings:
1. do not take within 3 hours of eating eggs, milk, milk products, whole grains, cereal, coffee, tea, or antacids
2. do not lay down for 30 minutes after taking this medication. (why?)
3. side effects include nausea, upset stomach, constipation, diarrhea, green stools, change in colour of urine (fun!!)

i hate iron pills.

and i miss drinking coffee as much as i want.

so but here is my question-
i have decided that since i am O-negative, it is my responsibility to donate blood.
do they take your blood if you are anemic or hypoglycemic, or a hybrid (like me, probably)?

anyone?

1 comment:

.. said...

keep your blood. you need it to live.