Tuesday, June 3, 2008

brawlin'

so i pulled into a BP station, and
no sooner did i exit my car
this woman pulls up, maybe a foot from my bumper
and parks.

i look around.

we two are the only patrons
frequenting this establishment.



and my plan is to fill up,
then tool around in the "wild bean cafe"
in search of 10 hour old coffee,
so to be courteous
i walk over to her window and say

"i'm going to be a few minutes here if you don't want to wait behind me"

and she begins spouting off a string of nasty
BULLSHIT
about how i had somehow chosen the wrong pump
and she in no way intended to move herself
and that she would be waiting right there
when i returned
((yadda, yadda))

****

and-

i have weathered way too much
SHIT
from other people lately, and THIS
was the LAST i could take
and
MUCH to my surprise
i snapped
and ((in ascending fashion))
replied:

"well i was juST TryInG to be NICE, GODDAMNIT!!
NOW I'm going to take my SWEET ASS TIME!!"

which i did

and when i came back
she was still yelling at me from her car
and i waved her words away with my hand
and drove off
annoyed

and somewhat amused...