Wednesday, August 13, 2008

week in review

this is what i have learned this week:

1. I like to party. My kidneys hurt. Wish I was joking.
2. Fleas are difficult to get rid of. A stray cat whom we allow in our home on occassion brought epic amounts of fleas in with her. First it was just an odd one here and there, but by mid-week we were .i.n.f.e.s.t.e.d.
And not only that, but were displaced from out home for many days, and stayed with my mother. If any of you remember last years posts (of COURSE you do) then you recall how famously the last stint at my mothers house went.
After fruitless attempts at bombing and spraying the house, we thought our only hope was to call an exterminator until someone reccommended THIS amazing product:



worked like a freaking CHARM. Coupled with OCD stylee vacuuming, and a MASSIVE house cleaning ( I mean- it is UNREAL how clean our house is. the carpets look freaking NEW) we are flealess and home again.

Sorry, mom. I love you, but we just aren't meant to live together.

So... you know. Buy Borax.

3. My VAN is a total woman. You have to finess her to get her to accelerate...

4. My aura is uncontrollable. It affects anyone around me. My aura will reach out and wrap its sinewy fingers around your throat until you are drawn close and then finally consumed.

I took this quiz and got these results:




Your Aura is Blue



Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life.

You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships.



The purpose of your life: showing love to other people



Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah



Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor



it's true. my grandmother called it "the shining"

5. I am a creature of routine. And being displaced made me burst into tears every five minutes. I love my peaceful lifestyle, my early morning walks, my daughter throwing rocks in the river, my pilates, the coffee at main cup, and a slow ride in LUX.

6. Angie is really leaving. All the summer is almost gone. And next week, so will she...

7. I liked it. It made me nervous but I like it. I can't stop thinking about it.


how could you ever stop thinking about it?

1 comment:

.. said...

I am really leaving... gone but not forgotted