Thursday, January 8, 2009

sad news for a friend

a young boy who used to work as a busser for me at the restaurant was involved in a terrible atv crash over the weekend.

he is now entirely paralyzed on the right side of his body. the doctors are saying they aren't sure if it will be permanent or not.

regardless- this kid is only 17. i feel very sad about this- for him and his family.

i have organized a small donation effort- i would like to send his family some flowers on behalf of the reataurant. i feel this would be an appropriate gesture. this has had to be devestating for everyone that loves him. my heart certainly goes out.

i hope y'all will keep him in your thoughts as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my bosses was just in a bad wreck. I've had bosses where I wouldn't have cared but this one was a decent person.

At 17, he has a better chance of recovery than an older person. I know a kid who had what seemed to be a Chris Reeves type injury but made about a 90% recovery (not perfect but gets around as well as most people).

I'll keep your friend in my thoughts.