Sunday, January 18, 2009

bars, bad moods, boston

yet again today found me in another terrible mood.
it was lightened, however, when a bar guest asked for a captain and coke-
his wife stops him and says

"or- wait- did you want the 151?"

he asks

"well whats the difference?"

wife replies

"they're the same thing."

hah.

***

in completely unrelated news i am going to BOSTON to visit my angie.

i couldn't be more excited, although this trip might constitute an entirely new winter wardrobe.
cincinnati is at a balmy 23 degrees, while ange informed me the "high" in Boston today was 0.

5 comments:

.. said...

yayayayayssseeerrrrsss

Anonymous said...

Years ago, my sister lived in Houston and had a long distance relationship with a guy in Boston. During one trip, she got on a plane with a temperature of 82 and got off to a temperature of 3 (after a delay so the sun went down but still).

.. said...

new post please...

Ryan said...

hah, "whats the difference?" When I hear things like that a little piece of me dies. Slightly behind on your blog, but white russian is by far my favorite drink. I don't mix it when i server them...granted i make maybe one a week.

mandy jeanne said...

lucky for me mark we had 40 degree weather... it was lovely-

yeh, ryan i am with you cringing when i hear something like that. i once made a shot of beefeater, bombay sapphire, and 151 because this kid and his friends picked liquors at random. those were the three they got. the one kid drank it.

so so gross.