Friday, August 29, 2008

i wish i had

a giraffe with the a neck so long it went thru the clouds to the moon
because i would sit on it's head
and fish for meteors

what would i eat?

starflys and atmosphere

i wouldn't cry
because my tears would freeze
and fall like comets
on the earth

and the sky would be empty, then
for miles

my giraffe would fall without the ground
and i would be alone on the moon

who would hear me if i yelled to go home?

a passerby asteroid?
a spaceship?


an alien hand waves
says,
"goin my way?"

he would offer me shipwrecks and trees
butterscotch and socks
a teal sea
a book to read
vivaldi
os swiss cheese

or all the things that humans loved
to see new things
and different worlds

to speak in all the exotic tongues of gods,
but i would stay
with the moon

somedays
i would wonder weather
i should have left
with the martian

somedays i would try to think
of everything i knew about russia

i would begin to forget the names
of cities, and plays, and friends
i made

and my heart would slow
the sun comes
and goes

and my breath would dry
and stick on my mouth
and in my nose

sun come
sun go

i think last
of you
here
the last kiss breath
on my ear
in the night
by my car
when the air cooled
in the wind
under moon
over me
under you
i think last

of this...


goodnight, moon

No comments: