Saturday, May 23, 2009

26 things

i learned a lot about myself, driving from MASS to bethel, oh
pennsylvania, and it's many, many miles of construction aided my inane diatribes
and i really don't think angie was listening:
except for when she looked out the window and said

"you're weird."

so i smoked a cigarette.

here are 26 things i told her:

1. I rarely throw fits in public, but there are a few instances in which i really fly off the handle
these include:
2. Poor selection of grapefruit at the market. I'm particular about my grapefruit, true, but I get quite agitated when i hunt for ten minutes and can't find a decent grapefruit. And-
3. Not being able to find frozen brussel sprouts Not packaged in cheese or butter.
4. I will also complain loudly if I have to go to the movies, and I have to buy a snack for someone. A bottle of water costs 5$ at the cinema. I totally lost it.
5. I tear apart everything I eat. If it's a sandwich, I will rip it into several small pieces. If it is a burrito, i pull off all the excess tortilla.
6. Most nights, when I dream, I have nightmares. I wake up to the sound of myself yelling my name to get away from the dream.
7. Too many small objects in a highly concentrated area make me physically ill, and I can't stand to look at it. For example: 3,000 ants swarming around a starlight mint. It makes me vomit.
8. I also vomit when I have to get blood drawn. As soon as the phlebotomist taps my vein i start lurching. I wont stop throwing up the whole time I can feel the blood going out of my body.
9. I feel really bad about throwing up when they take blood. I SHOULD be donating my blood, because I am Oneg.
10. Although- I am hypoglycemic AND anemic. I don't even know if my blood is valid.
11. In the morning I always wish I was waking up in Pineville, KY- every time.
12. In the afternoons, I wish I were in Seattle- every time.
13. At sunset, I like being in Ohio. I can walk to the river and watch the reflection explode onto the surface of the water.
14. Late at night, I want to be Joker's Wild, Montana. Nothing in the world smells like night time in Montana.
15. I hate the flavour of pomegranents.
16. I always want to bite flowers. A fully blossomed rose. I CAN'T explain this- I actually mentioned it to the hostesses at work and they all just sort of shuffled awkwardly. The petals are so soft- it just seems like such a nice thing to bite.
17. I still sleep with my favourite stuffed animal. I take him with my every time I fly.
18. When I become too drunk, I find a place to hide, so I can sleep and no one will find me.
19. As soon as I stop liking where I am I will leave- even if this means having to walk several miles, in the middle of the night.
20. I sing when I walk.
21. I really, really dislike celebrities. It's very hard for me to enjoy a movie. Big-name actors turn into Pokemon for me- especially if it is a predictable, typecast role. Example: I get it- I really do- that Robert DeNiro makes a great replica of a hardened police officer. So when I watch a movie with him in this kind of role, he may as well be repeating his name over and over, as opposed to reciting lines.
22. All I drink anymore is wine. I can also drink quite a bit of it.
23. I make little songs about what I am doing, at that point in time.
24. I miss playing 4-Square. When did it go out of fashion?
25. Ankles are what first attract me to someone. I fall all over myself for a nice pair of ankles.
26. In me there is a very thin line between love and hate, and it is a border i have been trying to blur for many, many years.

No comments: