Monday, May 19, 2008

people always say...

"You have a STAR on your FACE!!"



it's true.

And- yes, I knew getting a facial tattoo would open up conduits for dumbass questions and remarks-
but TODAY
tops the list of "Rudest Things Ever Said to Me",
you see

I introduced myself to a party of 8
and ignored a chorus of "You have a star"(s)
and one guy said

((ahem))

"I guess that STAR on your FACE will make you think twice about getting DRUNK again, huh??"

****

wow.

i was literally stunned.

and i handled it well- i remained unmoved and blew it off,
but this comment has stuck with me all day- not because i'm sad that the guy hates my tattoo-
but that people honestly feel treating one another this way is permissible.
the fact that i am serving them in a restaurant ((this makes me a ".W.A.I.T.R.E.S.S"))
only exacerbates the problem of value:

read: my job is of little value to these people
::their immediate judgement is that i am an uneducated underachiever::

then they see what i look like.

and then they say things.

and, to an extent, i have to roll it away, because what i wanted to do
was pin his scrotum to his chair with a fork
but

that definitely would have gotten me fired.

****

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rainbow bright forever!! down with the haters! ;) much love to ya, my gorgeous tattooed friend. i know it's hard (and cliché), but please don't listen to those assholes. listen to me. you're beautiful, and that's all ya gotta worry about. *mental hugs*