Monday, January 21, 2008

les hippos

i love hippos.

it's really no secret.



LOOK at that face.

did you know....

*Hippos can run over 20MPH on land for short distances?
*The bite force of a large female hippo is over 1800 lbs.- almost 1 ton!!! (don't get bit)
*When hippos feel threatened they open their mouths and make a low growling- like a choir of irritated cows!
*They sweat a pink oil commonly mistaken for blood which acts as a super sunscreen, and protects they're skin from cracking

They're freaking FASCINATING animals.

Maybe I should be a zoologist.

I told derrick I was going to move to Alaska and live among the puffins and he said

"You'll get attacked."

But I don't believe him, because

the birds and I know something....

the birds and I have a special bond.

This is why I will turn into an owl when I die.

No comments: